Games@Home – the new parents pack to support 1stClass@Number 1.
These materials follow on from our recent work with Save the Children, developing mathematics strand of their ‘Families Connect’ programme. Games@Home has been developed with help from Ocean Maths legacy funding, it has been inspired by their successful work with parents and families.
Games@Home helps parents to:
- Have fun with their child while playing maths games
- Talk about the mathematics and how to solve problems
- Develop a picture of their child’s mathematical skills
- Promote the importance of mathematics
Games@home is a lot more fun than doing worksheets with my child. It doesn’t feel like work for either of us.
What’s in the pack?
There are five games which are linked to the five topics in 1stClass@Number 1.
- HIDING IN A HUNDRED (Topic 1: All about Number)
- TRACK YOUR ORDER (Topic 2: Exploring Place Value)
- FIRST CLASS FLIP (Topic 3: Addition and Subtraction)
- HOT SPOT (Topic 4: Addition and Subtraction)
- KEEP OR DOUBLE (Topic 5: Multiplication and Division)
You also receive clear instructions on how to play the game, all the resources needed e.g. dice, highlighters, activity sheet. You also get a set of question prompts to get the conversation going!
I was so good at explaining my maths – my mum kissed me!
The school will also get guidance and support for planning and delivering family sessions in school. These sessions provide an opportunity for teacher, child and parents to enjoy the games together, ask questions and enjoy mathematics!
Charges for 2017-18
A pack (full details above) containing TA guidance and 4 parent packs, each with 5 games costs £35.