Accreditation is awarded annually by Edge Hill University to teachers that demonstrate a high quality of provision and continuous development in meeting the Standards for Numbers Count Teachers or the Standards for Readers Count Teachers in accordance with published guidance. Awards are based on the recommendation of Every Child Counts Trainers, moderated by the University.
An Every Child Counts Trainer will gather evidence of Standards met that enables him/her to recommend the school and teacher for accreditation through:
- school visits, including observation of and discussion with the teacher and discussion with the Link Teacher or Head Teacher
- the teachers’ attendance at and contributions to professional development events
- teaching and professional development files compiled by the teacher
- data entered by the school onto to Every Child Counts online data system
- other evidence as necessary, requested by the Teacher Leader.
Teachers can also apply to Edge Hill University to study for the PG Cert / MA Early Mathematics Intervention (Level 7).